There's No Other Way

4:56 PM


... But Broadway.

Since the 1900s, Broadway's become more than a mere street but a trophy for fashion, entertainment, and the arts. Luckily, up until now, the Broadway scene - musicals, play, theater and acts are still being preserved, enriched and improved for the next generations to see.

Disney's films and musicals were part of my magical childhood that I will always be thankful for. All the lovely melody of the prince and princesses singing alongside with the animals who are surprisingly humming and dancing simultaneously, all contributed to my dream of becoming a star...

Well, of course we all dreamed of being up in the stage, singing and entertaining everyone. Until we grow up. Yeah, I have actually lost my grip of that dream - mostly because now I'm too shy to sing and move and of course, I find it impossible now.

From my young elementary days, to high school and even the first years in college, I have been a part of the school choir which basically and fundamentally helped me learn about music. It taught me how to sing beyond the mere uttering of the lyrics, read notes, play instruments and keenly listen, not just hear the sound of the music. Unfortunately, I grew up and got busy. And to cut the story short I have stopped singing. I still know how to, but it's not the same unlike before.

Good thing, there's Glee! (Boy, that escalated quickly!) Well, I'm actually thankful for being introduced in such a dreamy and wonderful TV series which made me dream again. All the characters: Rachel, Finn, Kurt, Mercedes, Santana, Artie and the rest of them complimented each other very well which made the series really fun! Some people hate the jolly setting and how every single cue the actors have to sing and dance, and I must admit it's kind of weird if it would be in real life but I find it amusing and lively that's why I kept up with the pace of the story as it reached its 4th season. Imagine a production just like the High School Musical to actually survive the competition amidst giant series like The Walking Dead and The Vampire Diaries for example.

New York, Broadway, stage lights, musical score, script, props, costumes, everything... It makes theater like a fairy tale where you can be who you want to be, sing whenever you want, make your dream come true and have a happy ever after. Thanks to Glee, it have woken up my senses into getting back on track; to dream and chase it until it comes true. Who knows one day I might be a part of The Phantom of the Opera or Miss Saigon, perhaps Les Miserables or be a part of the Glee itself! Dreams are free, you know.

Dreams are like stars... Yeah, I know you must have heard that quote a thousand times. Well, let's put it this way: Dreams are like trains, if you don't chase it you won't be able to get to your destination. Did it make sense? I don't know, what I know is that you just have to keep on dreaming, and do everything to reach it because dreams will always be dreams until you turn them into reality. (Please don't count how many times I used the word 'dreams'.)

Till my next entry!

Laters,
Charlie Tango :-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments