And Audrey Was Her Name

10:05 PM


One of '60s most beautiful actresses, Audrey Hepburn.

One of my obsession as I age is vintage stuff - clothes, jewelries, accessories, design, bags, photographs, art, music and movies. And as I was browsing a blog about the golden era of Hollywood, I came across a stunning, adorable young lady...
And Audrey, Audrey Hepburn was her name.

Born Audrey Kathleen Ruston on May 4,1929 in Brussels, she was recognized as both a film and fashion icon and was active during Hollywood's Golden Age. Roman Holiday, Sabrina, The Nun's Story, Breakfast at Tiffany's, Charade, My Fair Lady and Wait Until Dark are some of the successful films she made during her life as an actress. During her old age, Audrey dedicated her life to UNICEF where she worked and helped the disadvantaged communities in Africa, South America and Asia between 1988 and 1992. She was awarded the Presidential Medal of Freedom in recognition of her work as a UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador in late 1992. A month later, aged 63, Audrey died of appendiceal cancer at her home in Switzerland in early 1993.

It's pretty obvious that Audrey's beauty is jaw-dropping, but behind those doll eyes, luscious lips, delicious jaw and elegance lies a heart of gold which makes her who she is.

I personally admire her because she's not like everyone in the showbusiness. It's common for people in the limelight experiencing fame, glamour and money to act like one, and more. Some were addicted to drugs, indulged in too much gambling, committed crimes even! But not her.

Well you can say that everybody has their imperfections but I'm all in awe with how Audrey spent her lifetime. She used her fame to help, and she used it well. It's a lifetime spent worthily.

I too, hope that when I reach that position I dream of, will not forget where I came from and where I will end up. Maximize my strength and use my resources to give aid others, following one of Audrey's words herself...

"As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; 
one for helping yourself, the other for helping others."
- Audrey Hepburn (1929-1993)

Till my next entry!

Laters,
Charlie Tango :-)

You Might Also Like

0 comments